Full or partial dentures provide a set of fully functioning teeth that will allow you to eat and smile comfortably. These are natural looking and fit so much better than they used to.
- Complete dentures are used when all of the teeth in either the upper or lower arch are missing.
- Partial dentures are used when some natural teeth remain. They not only fill in the spaces created by missing teeth, but also prevent other teeth from shifting.
This provide a set of fully functioning teeth that will allow you to eat and smile comfortably, are natural looking and fit much better than they did in the past.
As with other types of dental restorations, you will find that your new dentures make you look younger! Tooth loss can cause your face to take on a sunken cheeked appearance but this can be reversed by giving your cheeks shape and definition. In addition, they help towards some of the following dental problems:
- Loss of all teeth in an arch
- Loss of several teeth in an arch
- Enhancing smile and facial tissues
- Improving chewing, speech, and digestion
Dentures are very durable appliances and will last many years, but may have to be remade, repaired or readjusted due to normal wear and tear. Regular denture check-ups at least once per year ensure that the fit and comfort is maintained.